EN / CN

How does the thickness of the candle core affect the burning time of the candle

2017-09-29

Candles originated in the original era of torches. Primitive people to fat or wax something like a bark or wood chips, tied together, made of lighting with a torch. The beeswax that appeared in the 3rd century BC was probably the prototype of the candles seen today. In the West, there was a period of time in which the beasts were used to make bees and bees, mainly because the Catholic thought that beeswax was a symbol of virgin conception, so the beeswax was treated as pure light and enshrined in the altar The From the existing literature, beeswax in China produced roughly the same time with the West, Japan is in the Nara era (710 ~ 784) from our country into this candle, and modern candles compared to ancient candles have many shortcomings The Tang Dynasty poet Li Shangyin has "how to cut the West window candle" verse. Why should the poet cut the candle? At that time the candle was made of cotton thread, erected in the center of the flame, because it can not burn and charcoal, so must from time to time with the scissors will be the end of the residual candle cut off. This is undoubtedly a troublesome thing, in 1820, the French strong barge out of the three cotton thread made of candle, so that when the candle burning natural release, the end just to the outside of the flame, which can be completely burned.But the candle has yet to be further improved, and its material is generally a lot of shortcomings of animal fats, to solve this problem is the homeshelle and others. Between June and July 1890, Frenchman Schaeffler received a letter from a textile mill asking him to analyze and determine the ingredients of a soft soap sample they had sent. He took this letter thinking for a long time, thought: to study the soap, it seems to have to start from the raw oil. In the equipment is very simple, simple school experiment, he studied the saponification process need to use a variety of oils and fats. After a lot of experiments, he first discovered the fact that in all oils and fats, regardless of their source, the content of fatty acids accounted for 95%, the remaining 5% is saponification process generated glycerol.Through the study he figured out the nature of the saponification process, and he also has a major discovery: when made of grease candles, because there are glycerin, burning flame with smoke, smell unpleasant. If you switch to stearic acid candles, burning not only bright flame, and almost no black smoke, do not pollute the air. Sheffler told his discovery to cover a Lusack and suggested that the two co-study how to solve the problem. They saponify the oil with a strong base, and then get the soap with hydrochloric acid decomposition, take out stearic acid. This is a white material, hand touched a greasy feeling, with it made of candle texture is very soft, the price is cheaper. In 1825, Shevrer and Gay Lusack received a patent for the production of paraffin wax candles. The emergence of paraffin wax candles, in the history of human lighting to create a new era. Later, some people found a large oil field in North America, so can be extracted from the oil a lot of paraffin, the ideal candle so in the world has been popularized and promoted.

< Back to list >

quanqi Technical Support:tjhuatai.cn
Home
Message
QR code
QR code